EURid records a 3.6% jump in yearly growth in Q3 2021
2 Nov. 2021
During Q3; EURid achieved an extraordinary yearly growth of 3.6% for the .eu top-level domain family. Furthermore, the registry announced the extension of the citizenship criteria to the citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, and revealed the 2021 .eu Web Awards finalists.
- The quarter ended with 3,705,723 .eu registrations, marking the annual growth since October 2020, 3.62%;
- 152,850 new domain name registrations recorded;
- Latvia tops the list of top-growth countries with 6.8% increase in registrations;
- Average renewal rate of 84.5%.
Other developments in Q3:
- EURid announced the ten winners of the SAFEonLINE art competition;
- EURid informed the stakeholders that the COVID-related domain name checks would continue until 31 December 2021;
- EURid withdrew close to 48,000 non-eligible Brexit related .eu domain names.
For further details, consult EURid’s Q3 2021 progress report.