EURid reveals Slovenia as the top country for registration growth in its Q2 2020 Progress Report
EURid released its Q2 2020 Progress Report today, sharing its quarterly statistics and developments. Highlights include:
- 163 277 new domain name registrations recorded;
- Slovenia tops the list of countries for registration growth at +4.8%;
- The average renewal rate was 83.9%
Total registrations decreased from 3 623 050 at the end of Q1 2020 to 3 606 143 at the end of Q2 2020. This can be attributed to a higher rate of deletions among UK-based registrations in light of the .eu registrations update relating to Brexit.
Main developments throughout the quarter included:
- Kick-off of the 7th annual .eu Web Awards competition;
- Partnership with the Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ for the annual EURid UNESCO World Report on IDNs;
- Strengthening our collaboration with the EUIPO and Ecommerce Foundation to benefit SMEs and .eu online stores;
- Brexit update regarding .eu domain names registered to individuals and undertakings residing in the United Kingdom and Gibraltar: the Withdrawal Agreement between the UK and EU provides a transition period until 31 December 2020; as of 1 January 2021, 00:00:00 CET, EURid will no longer allow the registration of any new domain names by UK registrants.
- Supporting the ‘Water is Life’ project in Madagascar to offset our 2019 CO2 emissions.
Read more from EURid’s Q2 2020 Progress Report.