.eu 2012 annual report available
Brussels, 22 May 2013 - General Manager of the .eu registry EURid, Marc Van Wesemael, shares his views on changes in the domain market in the .eu 2012 annual report.
"2012 was a very productive year for Europe’s top-level domain, despite the challenges faced by the industry,” said Mr Van Wesemael. "The domain market grew more slowly in 2012 than in previous years, probably as a result of the financial crisis that is raging worldwide.”
EURid’s annual report outlines key achievements from 2012, showcases inspirational .eu websites and presents the .eu General Manager’s comments on the road ahead.
2012 in summary
.eu completed 2012 with 3.7 million registered domain names and 5.4% annual growth. Other highlights noted in the annual report include:
- Accreditation to the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- A significant fee reduction for .eu Alternative Dispute Procedures
- The launch of .eu’s YADIFA open-source name server implementation
- The World report on Internationalised Domain Names, produced in collaboration with UNESCO
- A revised, simplified transfer procedure for .eu domain names.