BSIG Call for Applications launched
The Balkan School on Internet Governance (BSIG) aims to provide a supportive learning environment on the most pressing issues pertaining to Internet governance today by creating a unique setting to engage with international and regional experts whose lectures will facilitate in-depth learning and further research and engagement activities in Balkan countries.
The call for applications for the 2017 edition of the BSIG has recently launched and is tailored towards individuals residing in any of the eleven Balkan countries and engaged in:
- Academia (including graduate students)
- The business/private/technical sector
- Civil society
- Media and journalism
After the successful submission of an application of interest, interested participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Involvement with one of the aforementioned target stakeholder groups (see above)
- Origin in one of the eleven Balkan countries and work in IG-related fields
- Demonstration of clear interest in Internet governance and policy related issues
- Expression of a solid command of both oral and written English
The last call for applications is on 29 June 2017 at 23:59 UTC.
The 2017 BSIG will be held in Sarajevo (Olympic mountain Jahorina), Bosnia and Herzegovina, 21-25 August 2017.